April 15 2014 – Drumdrops Admin
The Mapex Heavy Rock kit - Kontakt 5 Pack is released
The “Kontakt 5 pack” has been designed exclusively for the latest version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5. The pack includes up to sixteen velocities of each articulation and in total it utilises 7119 samples. Included in the Kontakt pack is the latest version of the Drumdrops Kontakt 5 interface.
We have added a number of key new features including:-
Groove Player - There are 458 Heavy Rock loops in total that are included in the MIDI Groove Player played by Jason Bowld and covering a range of time signatures and tempos.
Step Sequencer - The sequencer has eight channels allowing any eight of the articulations of the Mapex Kit to be selected and played. The sequencer contains 32 steps for each channel.
Groove Slicer – The Groove Slicer cuts each MIDI groove into thirty-two sections. These sections can then be played back in a different order to the original depending on which of the three modes are selected.
Mic Blend - Here you can control the mix on the microphones used for each channel. You can vary the balance of the close microphone with the overheads and room microphones, and on the kick control the close mic and sub.
Other key features included are:
* A 9 channel mixer. Each channel comes with a Mute, Solo, Phase Reverse and 2 Aux sends.
* Three snares to switch between: Mapex Black Panther, Mapex Machete and a Mapex Black Panther in hammered phosphor Bronze.
* Three Paiste Crash cymbals and a Metal China.
* Multiple Convolution Reverbs included, 4 studios Impulse responses.
* The ability to change the velocity curve and tuning of each drum (great for V-kits).
* Randomise the tuning, velocity, EQ and timing for added realism.
* Multiple Round Robins included for extra authenticity.
* 4 band EQ and Transient Master included on each channel.
* A buss compressor and Tape saturator on the mix buss.
* Ability to route each channel to your DAW.
* Multiple mix presets included mixed by a variety of engineers and producers.
* A full version and lite version for use on laptops.
* Multiple MIDI maps included adding full compatibility with the Roland TD-12, TD-20 and TD-30 V-drums and the Yamaha DTX-900.
The Kontakt Pack is available exclusively from the Drumdrops store costing £50.00 / $82.00 / €60.20.